Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The other side of the coin

What, pray tell, is the wife of My own Personal Stalker thinking? I mean after all, her husband is the one who's been asking various family members and friends about me for years. Heck, even she has told my mother that her husband would love to talk to me. I still think that clueless is a good word for "I've lived here for 2.5 years and haven't called" but then what do I know?

I've come up with a couple theories that fit what PS's wife might be thinking: nothing at all, he just wants to talk to her, or complete trust.

Absolutely nothing or complete naivety is rather disconcerting at best. How can you not think anything when your husband keeps bringing up a woman he wants to talk to? Especially one he dated years before and once asked to marry him? Granted, it was a lame reason to get married, but still. I'm not sure I could buy this one as I've talked to her. She doesn't strike me as being this stupid or blasé.

Moving on to he just wants to talk to her . . . ok, fine. He's talking and bringing this up in casual conversation over a couple years. After the fifth or sixth time it was brought up, I'd be kind of suspicious. What on earth could be so important or special about this girl, (except for the fact that you're remembering her through rose colored glasses) that you'd rather talk to her than your spouse? Yeah, the one who DID marry you? And trust me—I wasn't all that nice to this guy in the first place. One of the reasons I knew I had to get away from him and all the negative influences in my life is I hated, yes hated, who I was when I was around him. His humor always hit me wrong. And it made me mad and sarcastic. Not such a nice girl after all.

So that leaves me with complete trust. She knows absolutely and truly in her heart that she has nothing to fear from me. I can tell her now, that she's right if this is the case. Whatever the reason she came to this conclusion, if she did, I can affirm that nothing will ever come of anything, period—end of story. Maybe she is smarter than I gave her credit for realizing that we've lived here for 2+ years and never once have I looked them up. It would have been simple: she's in a social group with my mother. Their phone number is in the member book. Needless to say, I never even looked at it. I can tell you that hearing about her and them from my mother was too much information sometimes. She means well, but . . . not in this lifetime.

Just wondering what PS's wife is thinking is making my head spin.

No comments: